Monday, November 23, 2015

Autoimmune face


My face is on fire!  I don't know if you can see it in a picture on the computer.  My face has been red during this "flare", particularly my cheeks and a swath on my forehead/eyebrows/eyelids.  It even feels hot to me, like a sunburn.  And acne!  Nice bonus symptom, there.  Just in time for the holidays!

Too much information:  no nose hairs mean constant nasal drip. Constant nasal drip means painful, crusty nose!

What the.  Seriously.  My freak show of a body keeps the fun coming!


Low-grade flare symptom #12: red eyebrows/lids & cheeks, and scaly, flaky acne. Gross!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi- so relieved I found your page!! I search the hell out of my situation all the time- today I found you!! The picture of your face- looks like mine. It’s unbelievably exact. People don’t even recognize me as a Norma person anymore- you know what they think….that I’m on drugs, a drug addict. I’ve even had my son’s elementary school teacher(s) treat me like that and gossip about me. Horrible. Thanks for having the courage to put yourself out there! Today, you gave me strength! Quick question: I noticed you don’t have eyebrows either- like me. Even the lines around where they’d be are the same, uncanny. Do yours come and go (eyebrows)?? Thanks 🙏🏼 love jenny

    ReplyDelete